The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) government introduced a health insurance program for families across the province. The provincial government and State Life Insurance have reached an agreement in this regard.
Under the agreement, the KP government will provide Rs. 8 billion over five years for the insurance, and it will cover medical facilities up to Rs. 1 million per family.
The provincial health minister, Taimur Khan Jhagra, released the details of the insurance program officially called ‘Sehat Sahulat Program.’
KP to Provide Health Insurance to 6 Million Families
As per details, as many as 6 million insurance cards will be issued in the first phase of the Sehat Sahulat Program. The scheme will gradually extend to all districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The insurance program is divided into three categories: basic, advance, and additional coverage.
- Each card will cover expenditures up to Rs. 200,000 in a year for basic treatments.
- These include emergency services requiring admission.
- Maternity services (both normal and C-section), including Rs. 1000 allowance for mothers.
- Fractures and injuries
- General surgery: gallbladder, biopsy, colon, prostate, hernia.
- General medicine: diabetes, hypertension, and cardiac-related issues.
Punjab Govt to Start Issuing Sehat Sahulat Cards From Feb 22
- This category offers medical coverage up to Rs. 400,000 for each family, and covers the following treatments:
- Cardiovascular treatments including, angioplasty and bypass.
- Artificial limbs (Prosthesis).
- Kidney diseases (Dialysis).
- Breast cancer screening.
- Management of neurosurgical diseases.
- Cardholders will also be compensated for transportation with up to Rs. 2,000.
People in KP Will be Able to Use Their CNIC As Sehat Sahulat Card
- Members of the card holding families may get additional coverage of up to Rs. 400,000 for acute medical treatments, such as:
- Cancer treatment (Chemo, Radio, Surgery).
- Kidney transplant
- Accident & emergency
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) care.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings