The Federal Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, Noorul Haq Qadri, said on Friday that the Government of Pakistan is awaiting a clear response from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) about Hajj 2021.
While speaking with a private news channel earlier today, the minister said that KSA is still not accepting pilgrims for Hajj.
Saudi Arabia is still not accepting applications from pilgrims for Hajj, but it is hoped that the situation will be better in the upcoming five months.
He said that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are yet to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) regarding Hajj 2021, and added that the government is in cognizance of the people’s concerns regarding the possibility of Hajj this year.
We are constantly in touch with the Saudi Arabian authorities in this regard.
Minister Qadri made similar remarks while addressing the media on Thursday. He maintained that a formal MoU is signed with the Government of Saudi Arabia in November every year, but the latest one has not been signed until now.
He also hoped for the number of pilgrims this year to be higher than they had been in 2020 when only a limited number of devotees had been allowed to perform Hajj.