Punjab government has extended lockdown restrictions as the province continues to grapple with the third wave of Coronavirus.
Lahore, Faisalabad, Sargodha, Rawalpindi, Rahim Yar Khan, Gujranwala, Sahiwal, Multan, Bahawalpur, Bahawalnagar, Chiniot, Hafizabad, Kasur, Nankana, Narowal, Sheikhupura, Pakpattan, and Toba Tek Singh have reported a COVID-19 positivity rate above 8%.
The following lockdown restrictions come into effect immediately and will remain enforced across the province till 26 April.
- While indoor weddings will remain banned across the province, there will be a complete ban on both indoor and outdoor weddings in cities with a positivity rate above 8%.
- Indoor dining will continue to remain suspended while only takeaway and home delivery will be allowed.
- Intercity public transport will be operated at 50% capacity and trains will run at 70% capacity.
- All sports, cultural, and social festivals and events will remain banned. Shrines, cinema halls, and theatres will also remain closed.
- Amusement parks will remain closed while jogging tracks will remain open for the public under strict COVID-19 SOPs.
- All government and private offices have been ordered to call 50% of their employees to work on alternative days.
- All businesses except essential services will be closed at 6 PM on weekdays and will remain shut on weekends.